#can we talk about lydia’s evolution though #how she went from hiding her intelligence to lmake herself look better #to boasting about it #because her intuition helps save lives #and she knows that it’s important #that she’s important #so now she’s done pretending to be a nitwit #and she’s going to go off and invent some insane mathematical theorem #that’ll win her a fields medal #lydia martin everyone
all 46 excuses on my friends wall,
1. i was just really, really early for tomorrow
2. we can’t all be usain bolt
3. in this day and age, we shouldn’t need labels like “late”
4. i had pe first period do you blame me
5. i really, really didn’t want to sing
6. my brother thought it would be hilarious to drop me outside the prison gates
7. you can’t tell me how to live my life
9. my legs fell off and i had to roll all the way to the emergency clinic
10. there was a freak yachting accident
11. i am a fucking retard
12. this is just for my wall
13. do you even read these
14. “it does not matter how slow you go, so long as you do not stop”
15. i spent my entire night writing tom daley fanfiction
16. my father left my mother for an air hostess seven years ago do you expect me to get over that emotional trauma overnight
17. sarah palin and i got into a twitter war and i couldn’t leave and let her win
18. traffic jammy jammy jam
19. how can i go to school when alex turner
20. my sim was having an emotional meltdown and i needed to be there for her
21. i was sticking it to the man
22. i spent my entire night worrying if i would ever lose my virginity
23. fifty shades of late; i was walking and then i caught the eye of an attractive member of the opposite sex and we began exchanging significant looks and i knew we would one day make sweet love so i just walked alongside him and tried to catch his eye and to be continued
24. part two he was playing hard to get so we walked and walked and he had the perfect hair colour it was sort of beige brown anyway it turned out he was walking to a bus stop so obviously i had to catch the bus because true love and silently we rode out to papakura and into the sunset
25. my meth lab caught fire
26. my bed is more comfortable than your school will ever be
27. i was sad
28. it was a nice day, so i walked leisurely
29. i had beat my younger brother for saying “swag”
30. i had to travel back to the 1950’s to ensure my birth
31. 2 kool 4 scool
32. i had to stop, collaborate and listen
33. i tried
34. i’m sorry i’m late
it’s not my fault
my auntie was killed
and i joined a cult
35. a haiku about lateness:
late late late late late
late late late late late late late
late late late late late
36. my best friend was telling me how to give a satisfactory blow job i wish i was joking
37. i was fashionably late
38. i was caught in a flash mob true story omfg
39. i did not choose the late life, the late life chose me
45. i was fighting al qaeda
YESSSS IT’S ON MY DASHBOARD AGAIN
THIS BITCH IS MY IDOL
"Just a few things to add a little Annie."
Four Years Ago
"I have never met a more annoying, maddening, troublesome woman, and I do not think I will ever get you out of my head, or from under my skin."
Peggy Carter being so done with inaccurate WWII films (Pearl Harbor, 2001)
- Several of the nurses in the film have hair longer than would have been allowed. Military women weren’t permitted to wear their hair longer than just above their collar.
- The Willys Jeep M38 shown in this scene wasn’t produced until 1950.
- The Eagle Squadron badge shown on his right arm in this scene was only used for the No. 303 Polish Fighting Squadron, never was it used for any squadron in England for which this soldier was fighting in.
- This woman is wearing a modern style bikini, something that didn’t appear until 1946 when Louis Reard and Jacques Heim introduced it in Paris.
- Danny exclaims “I think World War II just hit us!” when in fact it wasn’t called “World War II” until 1948. World War I was still being referred to as “The Great War” at the time.
- The Japanese Zeros depicted here are painted dark green, but during 1941 they were painted light grey. They weren’t painted green until 1943.
-Original Prompt: Historically Innacurate World War II Movies
-The Attack on Pearl Harbor occurred on December 7, 1941
-Happy CarterCentury week!